[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
BEESTON-ST.-ANDREW, 3½ miles N.E. by N. of Norwich, is in Taverham hundred, St. Faith's union, Norwich county court and bankruptcy district, Taverham petty sessional division, Norwich polling district of South Norfolk, and Norwich rural deanery and archdeaconry. It had, in 1881, 39 inhabitants, living on 626 acres of land, of a rateable value of £1144.
The parish is mostly the property of the Micklethwait family and O. Barne's executors; but Sir T.B. Lennard, Bart, is lord of the manor. The Hall, long a seat of the Micklethwaits, was pulled down in 1846.
There has been no church here during the last two centuries, though the rectory, valued in the King's Book at £3 6s. 8d., and now at £190, is still continued as a sinecure, in the patronage and incumbency of the Rev. Henry Banfather, B.D., of Sprowston.
POST viâ Norwich.
Bagshaw George farmer; h Norwich Gowen Abraham gardener Howlett Henry farmer, Dairy farm Kett Peter Matthew farmer and wholesale butcher Money John estate carpenter
"for 'Norwich rural deanery and,'
read 'Taverham hundred and rural deanery and Norwich.'"
See also the Beeston St Andrew parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.