Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Beeston St Andrew

William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

BEESTON ST. ANDREW, 3½ miles N.E. by N. of Norwich, has only 46 souls, and 620 acres of land, mostly the property of N. Micklethwait, Esq., and Mr. O. Barnes. The former owns the Hall, which has a well-wooded lawn, but is unoccupied.

There has been no church here during the last two centuries, though the rectory, valued in the King's Book at £3. 6s. 8d., and in 1831 at £220, is still continued, as a sinecure, in the gift of F.R. Reynolds, Esq., and incumbency of the Rev. John Collett Reynolds.

Directory:-

	Barnes    Orlando     gent., Old Hall
	Bowen     Thomas      farmer
	Howlett   Harcourt    farmer

See also the Beeston St Andrew parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
January 2002