BECKHAM, (WEST) is a small parish, 4 miles E. of Holt, containing 179 souls, and 785 acres of land, belonging to several owners, but Wm. Repton, Esq., is lord of the manor.
The Church (All Saints,) is a perpetual curacy, augmented from 1790 to 1815, with £600 of Queen Anne's Bounty, partly laid out in 13 acres of land. It was valued in 1831 at £61, and is enjoyed by the Rev. John Spurrell. The Dean and Chapter of Norwich are patrons, and also appropriators of the tithes, now held on lease by Mr. S. Sayers, and commuted in 1839 for £210 per annum.
The Poor's land, 2A.3R.21P., is let for £2. 2s. a year.
Akers Susan farmer Barker Mary shopkeeper Breese John wheelwright Bumfrey James vict., Fighting Cocks Doughty Robert wheelwright Emery Benj. farmer Fuller Cook farmer Matsell John King farmer Ransome Henry blacksmith Sayers Samuel auctioneer, brewer, and maltster Spurrell Rev. John incumbent
Copyright © Pat Newby.