Norfolk: East Beckham
William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1883
BECKHAM (EAST), 5 miles E. by N. of Holt, is in Erpingham union, Holt
county court district, Norwich bankruptcy district, North Erpingham
hundred and petty sessional division, Cromer polling district of North
Norfolk, Repps rural deanery, and Norfolk archdeaconry. It had 45
inhabitants in 1871, living on 735 acres, and has a rateable value of
about £600. The trustees of the late W.H. Windham, Esq., are the
owners of the soil, lords of the manor, and impropriators.
The CHURCH (St. Helen) has long been in ruins, finely mantled with ivy.
The inhabitants use Aylmerton church, and formerly the impropriators
allowed the rector of that parish a yearly modus of £20.
Bird George farmer, The Hall
Emery William farmer
Fields Samuel farmer
Rounce Hillary farmer
From ADDITIONS AND CORRECTIONS on pages 13-16:
"insert 'Post from Dereham.'"
See also the East Beckham parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.