See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Bawsey is about 5 miles E. of King's Lynn.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Lynn Norfolk, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
- The parish church is dedicated to St James but it has been in
ruins since before the mid 18th century.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St James
- Pictures of the ruined church.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Archdeacon's Transcripts
- Marriages 1539-1771
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volumes 2 and 10.
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Bawsey was in
Freebridge Lynn Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Bawsey is in Freebridge Lynn hundred.
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Freebridge Lynn Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.