BARSHAM, (WEST) a small parish in GALLOW HUNDRED, three-and-a-half miles N. by W. of Fakenham, should have been noticed at page 648 [ie it was omitted]. It has 86 souls, and 1520 acres of land, in four farms, belonging to Capt. Charles Morley Balders, and occupied by John Ellis, Thos. Merrison, W. Nurse, and John Waddingham.
Capt. Balders is impropriator, and also patron of the church. The vicarage, valued in the King's Book at £5. 12s. 1d., and in 1835, at £155, is enjoyed by the Rev. Robert Leeder.
Copyright © Pat Newby.