BARSHAM (NORTH) is in the same deep valley as the above [ie as East Barsham], 4 miles N. of Fakenham, and its parish is in Walsingham union, Fakenham county court district, Norwich bankruptcy district, Gallow hundred and petty sessional division, Fakenham polling district of West Norfolk, and Burnham rural deanery, and Norfolk archdeaconry. It had 94 inhabitants in 1881, living on 1015 acres, and has a rateable value of £1585. The soil belongs to the Earl of Orford, the lord of the manor and patron of the living.
The CHURCH (All Saints) is a small structure, comprising nave, chancel, and bell turret. Here is a stone coffin, dug up some years ago in a field in the parish. The discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £6, is in the incumbency of the Rev. John Clethero Platten, M.A., who has 20 acres of glebe, a good residence, and a yearly tithe rent-charge of £334 7s.
The Barsham United District Board School is at East Barsham. (See East Barsham).
POST viâ Walsingham, which is the nearest Money Order Office.
Bright Wm. parish clerk Leeds Chas. Stephen frmr Leeds Stephen farmer Platten Rev. J.C., M.A. rctr
Copyright © Pat Newby.