Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: North Barsham

William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

BARSHAM (NORTH) is in the same deep valley as the above [ie East Barsham], 4 miles N. of Fakenham, and has in its parish 89 inhabitants, and 1,005 acres of land, belonging to the Earl of Orford, the lord of the manor, and patron of the CHURCH, (All Saints,) which is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £6, and now enjoyed by the Rev. John C. Platten, M.A., who has a neat residence, and 10A. of glebe. The tithes have lately been commuted for £330 15s. per annum.

The farmers are, Jno. Herring and Edw. Fisher Leeds.


See also the North Barsham parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
May 2002