BARNINGHAM-NORTHWOOD, 5 miles E. by S. of Holt, is a parish in Erpingham union, Holt county court district, Norwich bankruptcy district, North Erpingham hundred and petty sessional division, Aldborough polling district of North Norfolk, Repps rural deanery, and Norfolk archdeaconry. It had 35 inhabitants in 1881, living on 840 acres, and has a rateable value of about £1200. All the parish belongs to the trustees of the late W.H. Windham, Esq., the lords of the manor and patrons of the rectory, which was valued in the King's Book at £6 13s. 4d., and is now in the incumbency of the Rev. W.H. Foy.
The CHURCH is dedicated to St. Peter. The tithes have been commuted for £162 16s. 3d. per annum. In the church are three fine monuments to the Palgrave Paston family, of the 17th century, and a very fine doubled figured brass in memory of the members of the Palgrave family.
LETTERS viâ Hanworth, Norwich.
Bird George farmer; h Aylmerton Emery Walter farmer and surveyor Foy Rev. W.H. rector Stibbons James farmer
Copyright © Pat Newby.