Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Barnham Broom

Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk 1850

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

BARNHAM BROOM is a village 9 miles W. of Norwich, and 4 miles N. by W. of Wymondham. The parish comprises 1710 acres, and contained in 1841, 494 inhabitants; its present residents are:-

	Buckenham   John              vet. surgeon
	Child       Thomas            blacksmith
	Copping     John              letter receiver
	Cranness    Thos. H.          shoemaker
	Cunningham  Caleb             'Bell Inn'
	Gurdon      Rev. Edward       Rectory
	Hipkin      Sarah             school
	Howlett     John              wheelwright
	Howlett     Matilda           shopkeeper
	King        George            shopkeeper
	Lebbel      Thomas            blacksmith
	Loyterton   Michael           schoolmaster
	Melton      George            cattle dealer
	Packe       Rev. Henry        (curate)
	Riches      Charles           shopkeeper
	Tingay and
	  Roberson  -                 millers
	Turner      Mr. William
	Turner      Mrs. Sarah

	                      Farmers.

	Child       Robert            Outlaw        John
	Child       William           Thwaites      John Thurlow
	Cunningham  John              Turner        John
	Davey       Walter            Vasser        Caleb
	Field       William           Watson        Ann
	Gooch       Henry             Wiffen        John
	Norton      Hammond           Wrigglesworth John

CARRIER to Norwich, Lebbel, Wed, and Saturday at 8 morn.


See also the Barnham Broom parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
May 2015