Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Barmer

William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1864

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

BARMER parish, 7 miles N.W. by W. of Fakenham, has only 62 inhabitants, and 890 acres of land, belonging to Thomas Kerslake, Esq., who resides at Barmer Hall, a neat mansion with pleasant grounds, and is lord of the manor, impropriator of the tithes, and patron of the Church (All Saints), which is a small building with a round tower, restored some years ago, and now only used as the burial place of the Kerslake family.

The sinecure curacy, worth only £5 a year, is held by the Rev. E.J. Senkler, who is non-resident. The inhabitants attend Syderstone church.

Mr. Jno. Martin is the only resident farmer, and is also a miller.

POST from Lynn.


See also the Barmer parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
May 2016