See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Babingley is about 5 miles N.E. of King's Lynn.
The name may also be spelled Babingly.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Lynn Norfolk, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Felix.
The former church is now in ruins. It was replaced with an iron
church (a tin tabernacle) in the 1890s.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Felix
- Description and pictures.
- Church of St Felix
- Picture of the church.
- Former Church of St Felix
- Description and pictures of the ruins.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Marriages 1662-1812
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 2.
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Babingley was in
Freebridge Lynn Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Babingley Post Mill
- Babingley Water Mill
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Babingley is in Freebridge Lynn hundred.
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Hurst, J.G.
- Seventeenth-century cottages at Babingley, Norfolk.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Archaeological Society,
in "Norfolk Archaeology", vol.32, 1961]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Freebridge Lynn Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.