Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Aylmerton

William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845

AYLMERTON, 3 miles S.W. of Cromer, has in its parish 289 souls, and 1679 acres, including a high ridge of open heath, on which are the ruins of a beacon. W. H. Windham, Esq., owns the greater part of the soil and is lord of the manor, and patron of the Church (St. John the Baptist,) which has a round embattled tower.

The rectory, valued in the King's Book at 6. 11s., and in 1831, at 370, with that of Runton annexed to it, is enjoyed by the Rev. Robt. C. Windham, A.B., who has here 41A. 2R. 5P. of glebe, and a yearly rent of 228, awarded in 1842, in lieu of tithes.

DIRECTORY:-

	Hudson    Rev. Anthony
	            Thomas, B.A.  curate

	Cable     Robert          shoemaker
	Pinson    Samuel          wheelwright
	Pilch     John            tailor
	Sharpin   Wm.             shopkeeper
	Shepherd  Allen           blacksmith
	Smith     John            beer seller
	Waterson  Sarah           shopkeeper

	   farmers

	Cooper    John
	Daniell   Edward
	Fuller    Mary Ann
	Philippo  Robert
	Symonds   Richd.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

See also the Aylmerton parish page.

Copyright Pat Newby.
June 2001