[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
ATTLEBRIDGE, on the north bank of the Wensum, and on the Fakenham turnpike, 8 miles N.W. of Norwich, has in its parish 94 souls, and 1206 acres of land, mostly belonging to N. Micklethwait, Esq., the lord of the manor and impropriator. Formerly, here was a hamlet called Dighton, or Dike-townhills; and there was also a Hermitage, near the river, which is now crossed by a strong wooden bridge.
The Church (St. Andrew,) is a vicarage, valued in the King's Book at £5. 6s. 10½d., and consolidated with the rectory of Alderford. (See page 345 [which is the entry for Alderford].) The tithes were commuted in 1839, - the vicarial for £70. 15s., and the rectorial for £165 per annum.
Crisp James woodman Mace Thos. blacksmith Plummer John butcher Sucker Fras. shopkeeper farmers Doggett Robert Siely Barnaby L. (maltster) Smith John
See also the Attlebridge parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.