See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Attleborough is 15 miles southwest of Norwich.
Attlebridge is 8 miles northwest of
They are about 14 miles apart.
The name may also be spelled Attleburgh.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Rockland, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Pictures, description, history, services, etc.
- Patton, William
- Architectural notes upon Attleborough church, Norfolk
[Norwich: C. Muskett, 1847]
- Partridge, E. G.
- Quakerism in Attleborough and district.
[ISBN 0900592583, University of Cambridge, Board of Extra-Mural
Studies, Thesis (Certificate in local history), 1977]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Sanderson, E.W. and Palgrave-Moore, Patrick
- Attleborough (Church of England) Parish Registers 1552-1840;
transcribed, edited and indexed.
[Norwich: Norfolk and Norwich Genealogical Society, 1980]
[Reissued on CD, 2001]
- Parish Registers
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Attleborough was in
Wayland Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Yaxley, Philip
- Wymondham and Attleborough in Old Photographs.
[ISBN 0750907495; Britain in Old Photographs Series, 1994]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Attleborough is in Shropham Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Shropham Hundred
- Description of Shropham Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- History of Attleborough
- Summary of Attleborough's history.
- Bujak, Philip
- Attleborough: the evolution of a town
[ISBN 0946148457, North Walsham: Poppyland, 1990]
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain. Inclosure Commissioners
- Statement of claims (131): Attleburgh.
Drawn up in pursuance of the Act of Inclosure, 1812.
- Great Britain: Statute
- Attleborough Inclosure Act, 1812.
An act for inclosing lands in the parish of Attleburgh, in the
county of Norfolk: 20th May 1812.
[London, George Eyre and Andrew Strahan, 1812]
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.