ANMER parish, 11 miles N.E. by N. of Lynn, contains only 152 inhabitants, and about 1,300 acres of land, all belonging to, and in the occupation of Henry Walter Coldham, Esq., the lord of the manor, and patron of the church, who resides in Anmer Hall, a neat mansion, surrounded by a verdant park and extensive plantations. The latter are in a very flourishing state, and were greatly improved by the late James Coldham, Esq.
The CHURCH, dedicated to St. Mary, is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at £9, and in 1831 at £222, and now enjoyed by the Rev. John Coldham, of Snettisham. The chapel on the south side of the church, was built by Sir Oliver Calthorpe.
The parish is in Docking Union.
Mr. Stephen Butcher is the farm steward.
Copyright © Pat Newby.