ALETHORPE, or Althorpe, one mile E. by N. of Fakenham, formerly an extra-parochial estate, is now a parish in one farm, in Walsingham union, Fakenham county court district, Norwich bankruptcy district, Gallow hundred and petty sessional division, and Fakenham polling district of West Norfolk. It had 4 inhabitants in 1881, living on 239 acres, and has a rateable value of £388. It pays tithes to Fakenham, and anciently had a CHURCH (All Saints), and 50 houses. Sir Willoughby Jones, Bart., owns the soil.
POST from Fakenham.
Stedman Mathew Robert farmer
See also the Alethorpe parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.