[Transcription copyright © Mike Bristow]
ALDERFORD, on a declivity 3 miles S. by E. of Reepham, is a small parish of only 44 souls, and 434 acres of land, in the manor of Swannington, and mostly the property of C. K. Tompson, Esq. The Church (St. John Baptist) is a discharged rectory, valued in K.B. at £4. 6s. 8d., and in 1831, at £219, with the vicarage of Attlebridge annexed to it, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Norwich, and the incumbency of the Rev. John D. Parmeter. The other residents are,
Gedge Wm. farm steward Knight James vict., Bell Stimpson Robert farmer
See also the Alderford parish page.
Copyright © Mike Bristow.