See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Aldborough is about 5 miles N. of Aylsham.
It is also known as Alborough.
See also Alburgh,
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- The Monumental Inscriptions in the Hundred of North Erpingham (Walter Rye).
- The parishes covered include Aldborough.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Repps, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Mary the Virgin.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Mary the Virgin
- Description and pictures.
- Church of St Mary the Virgin
- Services, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Archdeacons' Transcripts
- Baptisms 1725-1812, Marriages 1726-1811 and
[Parish Register Transcription Society, Dart Series, 2000?]
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
They are not included in Phillimore's Marriage Registers.
- Churchwardens' Rates
- Principal property occupiers and the amounts paid.
- Churchwardens' Payments, or Disbursements
- Payments for church repairs, communion bread and wine, etc.
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Aldborough was in
Erpingham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Entwistle, Keith
- A century of faces and places: a history of Aldborough and
[ISBN 0954393503, Aldborough Village History Society, 2002]
- Aldborough Village Pages
- Pictures, businesses, school, events, etc.
This is a link to an archived copy.
- Aldborough Water Mill
- Description, history and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Aldborough is in North Erpingham Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for North Erpingham Hundred
- Description of North Erpingham Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour
- World War 1.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
- 1861 Census
- "The decrease of population in the parishes of Trimingham,
Hanworth, Aldborough, and Gresham is attributed to the
migration of labourers to other parts."
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.