Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Alburgh

Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

ALBURGH is a village 14 miles S. of Norwich, 3 miles N.E. by N. of Harleston, and 5 miles W. of Bungay. The parish comprises 1514 acres, and contained in 1841, 589 inhabitants; its present residents are:-

	Able      Mrs. C.
	Algar     Mr. James
	Blofield  Watling        bricklayer
	Bootman   John           blacksmith
	Coombe    Rev. J.A.
	Debenham  John           grocery dealer
	Devereux  Benj.          painter, glazier, &c.
	Dunn      Charles        'King's Head'
	Dunn      Isaiah         grocery dealer
	Moore     Robert         bricklayer
	Read      Samuel         bricklayer
	Strainge  J.             wheeler
	Todd      Noah           bricklayer


	Bond      Barnabas       Murrell   John
	Brock     John           Parker    Isaac
	            (& joiner)   Patrick   William
	Denny     John           Rackham   John
	Devereux  Benjamin       Spelman   Isaac George
	Doughton  Michael        Youngs    John
	Harvey    Thomas         Youngs    Samuel
	Legood    Jeremiah       Youngs    S. jun.
	Miles     Isaac          Youngs    Sarah

CARRIER to Norwich, Tidnam, W. & S. - Letters via Harleston

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

See also the Alburgh parish page.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
October 2005